Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December Daily 2009 - Day One

I love the idea of a December Daily album ala Ali Edwards... but in reality I just don't think I could pull it off. I have followed Ali's albums at least the last two years and would love to document my Decembers like her. So I am going to do a December Daily ala Jenn. I am going to blog the content I would like to document, just like an scrapbook but electronic. So if I can do it electronically this year, maybe next year I will try it the old paper and glue way. To add another twist I took Jessica Sprague's free Holiday in Hand class and will probably incorporate that into my posts too. Sooooo here goes.

Day One
The first day of December makes me always think of an Advent Calendar. I can remember doing one every year growing up. We had the same one each year, it was a trifold cardboard winter scene that stood up with little numbered doors, there was a holiday picture behind each door. I can still remember the excitement of getting to open a new door each day. I can even remember my best friend growing up Kim's advent calendar. Her mom hand made it, it was a cloth hanging with numbered pockets and handmade ornaments in each. Every day you got to hang a new ornament on the tree above it, with the angel being last.

Fast forward some 30 years and I get to start the tradition with Ashley. Last year we painted a mailbox that I put a small treat in everyday. This year I bought a Playmobil advent calendar. I think she is really going to love it, she is already asking about opening a door tomorrow. Apparently Dave had no idea what an Advent Calendar was because I got home from work tonight and he was letting Ashley rip open doors, so she kind of knows what is coming. I got it all put back together and tried to explain hands off to both of my children.
I just love how her tongue is sticking out in this picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment