Sunday, November 7, 2010

Allison Joy Cowan




Welcomed into our family Friday 10/29/2010 at 12:32 PM, 8 lbs 5 oz, 21.5 in long.

Wow this delivery was so much better than Ashley. We got to the hospital at 7 AM, I was started on Pitocin at 8 AM and I had a baby 3 1/2 hours later. I really only had to push three times and out she came. It helps that she was a smaller baby than Ashley (9 lbs 8 oz).

I had been saying I just wanted the baby out and boy did I. I felt so so much better just 10 minutes after delivery (the epidural might have helped with that too). I really did want her out and was just so relieved right afterwards. Plus no more gagging on toothpaste, no more heartburn, no more uncomfortableness!

At a little over a week old, all is good. You forget about how much babies really do sleep. She has been nursing really great and will go 4 hours at night, so I have been getting good rest (watch tonight she will be horrible just because I just wrote that).

I think she looks just like Ashley did as a newborn. Same hair, same head shape, same nose, same long fingers and toes. The only difference I see is her eyes are going to be darker, not sure if they will go blue or more gray like Davids.

We love her to death already!

No comments:

Post a Comment